SLS AMG Coupé Black Series
GT3 performance for the (wealthy) masses
Inspired by the SLS AMG GTs race model Mercedes- AMG presents the new SLS AMG Coupé Black . This fifth Black Series Model combines impeccable design, outstanding driving dynamics and lightweight construction. The AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine generates a power output of 464 kW (631 hp) at 7400 rpm and accelerates to 100 km/h in 3.6 seconds. In accordance with the “AMG Lightweight Performance” strategy the SLS AMG has a kerb weight of 1550 kilograms achieving a power/weight ratio of 2.45 kg/hp.
The uprated AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine generates a power output of 464 kW (631 hp) and 635 Newton meters of torque makes the new SLS AMG Coupé Black Series the most powerful AMG high-performance automobile with a combustion engine. The SLS AMG Coupé Black Series accelerates to 100 km/h in 3.6 seconds with a top speed of 315 km/h. The additional power is achieved by increasing engine speed, fully revising the valve train, modifying the intake air ducting, adapting the engine application and increasing peak pressure.
Highlights of the SLS AMG Coupé Black Series
- Systematic application of the AMG Lightweight Performance strategy
- Dual clutch transmission
- New, electronic AMG rear-axle differential lock
- AMG RIDE CONTROL performance suspension and sports tires
- AMG ceramic high-performance composite brake system as standard
- Design inspired by the SLS AMG GT3 customer sport racing car
- Matte black AMG forged wheels in Black Series-specific design
- AMG aerodynamics package with carbon-fiber components
- High-quality functional interior
- The market launch of the SLS AMG Coupé Black Series will begin in June
roy spencer/editor mercedesheritage